Covid-19 Stimulus Resources
Our hearts go out to each person in our community that has been adversely affected by COVID-19. As part of the Hillwood family we have completed unemployment research for you and anyone you would like to hare this information with. The links below will give you step by step instruction on how to take advantage of your unemployment benefits in your state.
Additionally, Congress is enhancing state unemployment to provide more income and to cover more people:
- Adds $600 per week for four months on top of state unemployment.
- Adds up to 13 weeks of additional unemployment benefits to those already enrolled but who are nearing the end of benefits.
- Expands the program to include a number of workers not normally eligible to receive unemployment benefits This includes:
- Independent contractors/gig workers
- Self employed
- Those with limited work history
- Employees who are still employed, but whose hours have been reduced
It is important to apply as soon as possible. To help expedite aid, the federal government is funding the first week of benefits to encourage states to waive traditional waiting periods, but it may still take a couple of weeks to be processed.
We also wanted to share with you the Federal Government will be making one-time cash payments directly to our citizens. These payments should be issued during the month of April either by check or direct deposit.
How much will you receive?
- Individuals earning less than $75,000 will receive $1,200
- Married couples earning less than $150,000 will receive $2,400
- If you have children, you will receive $500 per child
- Individuals earning more than $75,000 and less than $99,000 – and couples earning more than $150,000 and less than $198,000 – are eligible for a lesser amount
As a valued member of our community we will continue to share updates regarding any state and Federal programs as they become available.
Also, The Tennessee Talent Exchange, powered by Jobs4TN is a new initiative to help you find work in the grocery, retail and logistics industries now. Tennessee Grocers & Convenient Store Association, the Retail Association, and Hospitality TN partnered with the TN Department of Labor and Workforce Development to quickly connect job seekers to hiring companies in the grocery, retail, and logistics industry.
Why is The Tennessee Talent Exchange, powered by Jobs4TN needed?
- The Tennessee Department of Labor & Workforce Development has designed a new initiative to help transition workers from one industry in need of immediate employment to job opportunities in another industry that is current in need of an expanded workforce.
More information can be found at: https://www.tn.gov/workforce/covid-19/jobs.html